Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shag Rug

I saw this rug tutorial on Pinterest, and decided to make my own!



If you click the link, the tutorial is on there. Here are some of my pictures: (It is not yet finished. She's not kidding when she says it takes foOoOoreverrr!)




Here are some handy dandy tips:
- I used an old tshirt as the base and bright bed sheets from the thrift store as the shag part.
- Really, don't worry about the size of your strips. I was guesstimating and it looks awesome.
- Also don't worry about seams.
- If you have one, use a rotary cutter!! It will save you a lot of time.
- I used nail scissors to poke all the holes, and to poke the fabric through. I tried cutting holes, but they were too big and stretched out. So, poking worked for me.

Have you made one of these? What tips do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment