Sunday, April 7, 2013

DIY Soap

I think soap is cool. There are a lot of soap DIY's on the craft board, and here are two that I made.

The first one is the popular Jack Daniels soap dispenser! It really is awesome... so awesome that we kept it for ourselves even though it doesn't match our bathroom! S decided he wanted blue soap, so blue soap it has. We originally bought a dispenser from Bed, Bath and Beyond, but the threading didn't match up. So we did a lot of Googling and came across a blog post with a solution!

This is what she said:
"Please Note: I bought Caldrea soap from Target (it was in the kitchen section, not with the soaps). From what I can tell, the pump thread is a universal size, but you have to be careful to get a pump that does not bulge out at the spring as it will not fit in the bottle neck."

So we went to Target and bought the soap she mentioned. It looks fine. The first photo is from her blog, the second photo is the one we made!


My second soap adventure was inspired by this blog post. Basically, it says to make your own foaming soap, use regular soap and water it down 50%. I used an empty foaming dispenser from Bath and Body works, and ended up using the Caldrea soap from Target (since we only needed the pump for the Jack Daniels project.) I filled up the bottle halfway with soap, finished filling to the top, and shook it until it was mixed. TA- DA... foaming soap :) (Again, first photo is from the other blog, second photo is mine!)




1 comment:

  1. Hi, could you tell me where you got the pump?
    Please email me at rhagias@gmail.com.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete