Monday, March 4, 2013

Camping List

I can't wait for the warm weather and to go camping!! I've put together a camping list of stuff you might want to take with you on your next adventure. I included a general clothing and food section too, but you will have to accommodate according to when and where you are going. Keep in mind the length of your stay, the weather, and any other factors that will play a role in what you pack.

Many items on this list can be bought at none other than the Dollar Tree! (Although if you are a hardcore camper, you may want to invest in some long lasting things.) The things highlighted in yellow are things that can be found at the Dollar Tree. Disclaimer: there may be more items on this list that they sell that I have not highlighted, but I did not see them. But anyways, here is my list:


Camping Checklist- 3 Days

Clothes:
1 Hoodie
1 Jeans
1 PJs
2 Undies
2 Bras
3 Socks
3 Shirts/ tank tops
2 Shorts
1 Bathing suit
Gym shoes

Beach:
Towel
Flip flops- or buy them on sale at Old Navy for cheap!

Sunglasses

Sunscreen
Floaties
Shovel
Buckets


Bathroom:
Bug spray
Soap- I personally prefer to buy the travel size body wash from Bath & Body Works.

Shampoo
- Shampoo/ conditioner images not shown because I prefer travel sizes of the good brands, sold at other stores
Conditioner
Toothbrush- Dollar Tree actually sells a toothbrush/ cover/ toothpaste set for $1!

Toothpaste
Hair brush

Hair ties

Razor- they sell disposables here, but this is one thing I would pack my good one

Hand sanitizer- I also prefer buying B&BW hand sanitizers, 5/$5. They smells so good.

Deodorant

Toilet paper- you never know when you will need it!

Kleenex- Dollar Tree sells single boxes, or an 8 pack of purse size (which is what I bought)

Nail clippers- you never know!

Chapstick

Contact stuff
Glasses

Food:
Cooler
Ice
Water bottles
Pancake batter
Butter
Syrup
Poptarts
Peanut butter
Jelly
Bread
Hot dog
Hamburgers
Buns
Ketchup
Mustard
Nachos
Pretzels
Chips
Salt- Dollar Tree sells salt and pepper in a pack- the kind with the closable spinny top which is nice for traveling!

Pepper
Drinks

Equipment:
Extension cord
Phone chargers
MP3 Speakers
Tent
Tarp
Stakes
Hammer
Rug- They sell small carpet type rugs, which are fine for putting outside your tent so you don't track as much dirt inside!
Chairs
Air mattress
Air pump
Marshmallow sticks
Plates

Cups

Bowls

Silverware

Spatula

Paper towels

Foil

Dish soap

Rag

Dish bin

Clothespins

Griddle
Lighter- They sell packs of lighters, as well as lighters with the long stick
 

Lighter fluid
Starter brick
Flashlight- They sell LED flashlights, as well as regular flashlights in a few different sizes

First aid kit
Citronella candle
Aloe
Benadryl
Small broom

Camera
Pocket knife
Books
Games

Balls
Frisbee
Trash bags

Ziplock bags- get a couple different sizes

Can opener

Tablecloth- They sell plastic toss away ones. I would invest in a reusable, sturdy tablecloth.

Tongs

Fan
Duct tape

Lantern
Pot holders

Rope- They sell 50ft of rope, as well as rope meant for a clothesline (which is what I bought)

Hatchet
Scissors

Matches

I hope you find this list handy! What other things do you like to bring camping that you can buy for cheap??

-Melyssa

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a list. I love rough camping with my Man and my boys.
    I don't let my boys ware flip fops after the only pare my son had lead to 4 stitches and a fun trip to the ER. They are safer running/climing barefoot.

    Garbage bags? If I got more garbage than can fit on a pocket or recycled grocery bag, than I brought too much.

    Keep in mind if you are not "camping" in a camp ground many toothpastes and soaps and other smelly things will attract critters. Bears love toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete